Maintains high property occupancy rate and implements operational plans by administering on-site business administration, maintenance of physical property and direction of on-site resources by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains good resident relations by prompt and complete response to resident problems.*
- Understands and carries out all policies in dealing with properties, owners and residents.*
- Responds to all actions that involve or influence properties managed in an appropriate manner.*
- Remains accountable to the owners, the governing agencies and state.*
- Organizes the operation of properties to produce expected results.*
- Provides support to on-site personnel.*
- Oversees collection of income and the management of expenses including resident receivables and site reports so as to produce the maximum economic benefit for properties.*
- Inspects properties including site files, interior/exterior of buildings, building systems and rentable space.*
- Understands and ensures compliance with all governing regulations, codes, and laws as well as other state and local authorities.*
- Cooperates with municipal and community agencies.*
- Administers day-to-day implementation of a standard operating procedural manual.*
- Maintains records in a timely and organized manner.*
- 1Attends and passes advanced educational courses and seminars as well as participates in local professional related activities.*
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, review, motivation, and termination of all assigned property staff.*
- Responds to emergency situations during working hours and after working hours, under any adverse working conditions, and makes informed and accurate decisions. May be required to carry a pager.*
- Maintains a positive working relationship with community members, residents, and all business associates.*
- Assists in the annual budget preparation and review.*
- Monitors the property staff on a continuous basis to ensure all established company and property policies are followed.*
- Monitors monthly income and expenses within the guidelines of the approved operating budget.*
- Plans and submits for approval to the Director of Portfolio Operations, capital expenditures and reserve items.*
- Plans and monitors continuing education programs for employees.*
- Maintains open lines of communication with personnel to ensure prompt, effective, and professional operations management.*
- Prepares and monitors marketing activities. *
- Implements and monitors the requirements of the Section 42, Housing Tax Credit Program, where required.*
* Essential Function
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Driving is a requirement and employment is contingent upon possessing a valid drivers license and automobile liability insurance. Applicant must be able to pass Keri Koskinen background check.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and RealPage.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid automobile insurance
Directly supervises between four and ten employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.